Once upon a time in a management world far away, the acronym SMART for setting goals entered the business lexicon. It first appeared in a..Read More
Here are the benefits of regular strategic planning:
#1 Promotes Strategic Thought and Action (Proactive, Not Reactive)
- More systematic information gathering about internal/external environments
- Increases attention to organizational learning
- Clarifies future direction
- Establishes priorities for action decisions
#2 Improves Decision-Making
- Focuses attention on what’s important
- Helps make today’s decisions with tomorrow in mind
- Coordinates decisions across levels and functions
# 3 Enhances Flexibility and Adaptability
- To respond wisely to internal and external demands
- To deal effectively with rapidly changing environments
#4 Improves Performance
- Board, management and staff can better fulfill roles, meet responsibilities
- Teamwork and expertise will be strengthened
- Empowerment will abound!
Strategic planning can do all those things, but there is no guarantee that it will.
- Success will depend on how we tailor the process to your needs.
- The process works only if key decision-makers support it and use it with common sense.
- Participants will get out of strategic planning exactly what they put into it, like most things in life.